|How to choose the right hat?
The hat is a wonderful accessory that not only protects you from the Sun and warms you in the winter, but also adds such a stylish note to your look that can make everybody notice you.
“When choosing a hat consider the following details”, recommends Irina Sardareva. “At first place you should decide on the hat depending on the occasion, second come the features of your figure and then the shape of your face”. “Never choose a hat as a present for somebody else. Rarely you will get the right one. It is essential that you always to try on a hat”, adds the well-known hatmaker.
Choosing a hat depending on the occasion:
There are hats for all occasions, varying from casual and formal hats for special events such as a wedding or a garden promenade, to horse racing hats. This season once again hats are one of the hits amongst fashion accessories. It’s trendy to wear one and the same hat both on casual and formal occasions, of course, if it matches your clothing.
Choosing a hat depending on your figure:
- If you are petite, avoid hats with wide brim. Hats that will suit you best are those with middle to small brim and medium high crown, that will visually elongate your figure. If you however decide on a hat with wider brim, the hat should be asymmetrical or worn at an angle.
- If you're full-figured choose a hat with wide brim that will visually correct your proportions
- If you are tall do not choose a hat with high crown. Hats with wide brim and rich trimming will suit you best.
Choosing a hat depending on the shape of your face:
At the end of the day, “to choose a hat”, says Irina Sardareva, “try on 50, 60, why not 100 of hats until you find the one that will express your mood”.
- If you have an oblong face, choose a hat with wide brim and low crown that will not highlight the elongated shape of your face.
- If you have a round face, choose a hat with asymmetrical shape. Hats with high crown and medium sized brim will suit you best.
- If you have an oval face, then you can choose almost any hat. Choose the one that makes you feel unique and best matches your style.
- If you have a heart face shape, then the wide brim hat is not suitable for you. You better choose a hat with medium sized brim that will add harmony to your face and will not make the lower part of your face look too tight.